Sweet, spiced, creamy, cool, and topped decadently with whipped cream and a two-ingredient chocolate sauce, our Chai Frappuccino provides an easy make-at-home drink that's kind to swaps. The base of this dessert beverage is our Chai Tea Collagen Keto Latte drink mix; from there, feel free to gussy up your drink with greens powder, adaptogens, or blended mushrooms. If you prefer a vegan or plant-based chai, use your plant milk of choice and substitute whipped coconut cream for the heavy cream, and swap coconut butter for the butter in the chocolate sauce (make sure you also select a vegan chocolate).
Chai Frappuccino (Copycat Recipe)
Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. heavy cream (or coconut cream)
- 3 tsp. monk fruit
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. dark chocolate
- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 cup cold brew coffee
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk of your choice
- 2 scoops Primal Kitchen Chai Tea Collagen Keto Latte
To make the whipped cream:
- In a stand mixer or using handheld beaters, our heavy cream into a cold mixing bowl. Whip on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp. monk fruit and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract. Continue whipping on medium-high speed for another 6–7 minutes, or until the cream has reached stiff peaks.
To make the 2-ingredient chocolate sauce:
- Place a small pot filled halfway with water on high heat. When the water starts to boil, turn heat down to medium-high.
- Place a heat-safe bowl on top of the simmering water. Add chocolate and butter to the bowl. Stir until melted.
- Use an oven mitt to remove the bowl with the melted chocolate from the pot. Turn off the stove. Set aside the bowl with melted chocolate to cool.
To make the Chai Frappuccino:
- Place the 2 Tbsp. cream, ice, cold brew coffee, almond milk, 2 tsp. monk fruit, and 1 tsp. vanilla extract into a high-speed blender. Blend for about 2 minutes, or until well combined.
- Pour the Chai Frappuccino into a glass. Top with whipped cream, and drizzle about 1 Tbsp. of the keto chocolate sauce.
Nutrition info (per serving):
Net Carbs: 23 grams
Fat: 81 grams
Protein: 18 grams
Nutrition info calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other coffee drink recipes: