This Primal, clean spin on buffalo sauce pizza with grain-free pizza crust includes an easy-to-make crust made from an almond flour mix—no messy crumbs of cauliflower all over the counter. Medium-heat Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce, made with avocado oil and without xanthan gum or artificial flavors, blankets the grain-free pizza crust with peppery, cayenne-colored sauce. Shredded whole-milk mozzarella and sour cream cool the heat a notch, cubed chicken thighs add meaty bite, and fresh cilantro adds a sprinkle of fresh flavor and a pop of green.
Grain-Free Pizza Crust
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 box Simple Mills Almond Flour Pizza Dough Mix*
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus more for forming)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
*The entire box makes two 8-inch circular pizza crusts.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk vinegar, olive oil, and water together in a large bowl. Add pizza dough mix and stir well until dough forms.
- Note: Dough should be soft and easy to form into crusts without crumbling. If your pizza dough crumbles, add up to 2 tablespoons additional water the dough.
- Use extra oil to coat two sheet pans, and your hands. Roll dough into two equal-sized balls. Place each ball onto oiled sheet pans.
- Form each dough ball into an 8-inch crust with raised edges (crust).
- Bake the crusts for 15 minutes without toppings until crusts are lightly golden on top.
- Remove crusts and top with toppings; follow the instructions below to finish making Buffalo Sauce Pizza with Chicken.
- Allow the extra pizza crust to cool, then wrap in parchment paper or foil, place in a freezer-safe resealable bag and freeze to use later.
Buffalo Sauce Pizza with Chicken
Time with partially cooked pizza crust: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 grain-free pizza crust
- 1 cup Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce
- 1 1/2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cooked and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups whole-milk mozzarella, shredded or cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, finely minced
- Preheat (or keep oven turned on) oven to 350ºF.
- Top partially cooked grain-free pizza crust with Buffalo Sauce. Use a spatula or the back of a spoon to spread out the sauce evenly on the crust.
- Scatter the pizza crust with cubed chicken thighs.
- Add shredded or cubed mozzarella evenly across the pizza crust.
- Bake pizza in the oven for 15–20 minutes, or until cheese has melted and crust is golden brown.
- Remove pizza from oven and turn off oven. Allow pizza to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place sour cream in a small bowl. Add water to thin it until it can spread easily. Use a spoon (or a squeeze bottle, if you're a little fancy) to scatter the sour cream across the pizza crust. Sprinkle pizza with cilantro.
- Remove from baking sheet and cut into 8 wedges. Enjoy!
Nutrition info (per serving):
Carbs: 23 grams
Net Carbs: 20 grams
Fat: 34 grams
Protein: 20 grams
Nutrition information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other pizza recipes: