If you're a buffalo chicken wing fan, but don't love the messiness or skin-and-bones situation, this blue cheese-stuffed chicken breast recipe is for you. We've borrowed the tangy, kicky spice of buffalo sauce chicken wings paired with the velvety, piquant blue cheese dipping sauce to create our blue cheese-stuffed chicken breasts. Chicken breasts can be a bit bland and dry when cooked; we countered that by dipping the chicken breasts in our Mayo with Avocado Oil before breading the chicken breasts with crunchy pork rinds, baking them at a low temperature for even cooking without drying them out, and coating the cooked stuffed chicken breasts with spicy sauce. Drizzle the buffalo sauce stuffed chicken breasts with sour cream, if desired, to provide a cool contrast to the peppery sauce.
Blue Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Buffalo Sauce
Time: 50 minutes
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado Oil
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 2.5-ounce bag Epic Provisions Pork Rinds
- 4 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, if desired
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup green leaf lettuce
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Smash pork rinds inside the unopened bag until they are about the size of bread crumbs; either place on the counter and use the bottom of your first, or use a rolling pin. You can also blitz the pork rinds in a food processor until they resemble the size of bread crumbs.
- Pour the pork rind crumbs onto a large plate.
- Take half of the mayo and mix it with the blue cheese in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts onto parchment paper on top of a cutting board. Slice each chicken breast in the middle of each breast, about 3/4 of the way through the breast (not the entire way). You want there to be a top half and a bottom half that can be opened, but that's still connected on the opposite side (like a clamshell). Pat all sides of the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel.
- Open the top flap of each chicken breast and fill half of the mayo and blue cheese mixture. Close the top flap of each chicken breast. Take the remaining half of the mayo and brush onto the outside of each chicken breast.
- Place the mayo-coated chicken breasts on the plate with the crushed pork rinds. Coat the outside of each chicken breast with the pork rind crumbs equally on all sides.
- Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 165ºF.
- When cooked, remove the chicken breasts from the oven. Place one chicken breast on a plate. Drizzle each breast with 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce, and 1 tablespoon of sour cream (if using sour cream).
- Tear washed and dried green leaf lettuce and place in a bowl. Slice celery stalks into bite-sized pieces, and add to the bowl with the lettuce. Add lemon juice and salt. Toss to combine. Add half of the salad to one plate, and half to the other plate.
Nutrition info (per serving)*:
Carbs: 4 grams
Fat: 74 grams
Protein: 76 grams
Nutrition info calculated using Cronometer. One serving is 1 stuffed chicken breast with 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and half of the salad.
You might also like these other chicken recipes: