If you're staying at home, social distancing, and need a quarantini, this make-at-home hard seltzer recipe can be made with pantry ingredients and whatever liquor you might have on hand in your bar stash when you've run out of cans of your favorite paleo- or keto-friendly hard seltzers. Even if you're not enduring stay-at-home orders, our keto hard seltzer recipe stretches your buck a bit more (those store-bought keto-friendly hard seltzers can be spendy).
Switch up the ingredients to suit your tastes and whatever you have in your pantry. If you don't have our berry-flavored Collagen Quench, use our unflavored Collagen Peptides. If you don't have Mezcal, use vodka or gin. If you don't have edible flowers, garnish with a few frozen berries, or a slice of lemon or lime.
Berry Hard Seltzer with Collagen
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 scoops Primal Kitchen Collagen Quench Triple Berry
- 1 cup water
- 3 teaspoons monk fruit
- 3 ounces Mezcal, if desired
- Splash of unsweetened club soda
- Edible flowers for garnish, if desired
- Mix collagen and water together with a spoon. Don't worry about getting any clumps out. Let set for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, you should see some of the unmixed collagen on the surface starting to bloom. You can break up any clumps with the back of a spoon. Give the collagen water a a stir for 10 seconds and then let set for another 5 minutes.
- Stir monk fruit into the collagen water and mix until combined. Add mezcal, if you want to make the seltzer "hard" (if you want a mocktail, leave it out).
- Shake the drink with ice in a cocktail shaker. Add the strainer lid, and pour the drink into a serving glass through the strainer. Add a splash of club soda to the drink.
- Serve with edible flowers to garnish, if desired, and enjoy!
Nutrition info (per drink):
Carbs: 10 grams
Fat: 0 grams
Protein: 10 grams