We all know that salads make great meals and come packed with important nutrients. However, sometimes it can be tricky to find just the right combination of colors, ingredients, and flavors. Take out all the guesswork, and try this salad by the amazing SISSFit sisters, Lauren and Kelly. Perfectly balanced, this substantial salad is the perfect post-workout meal or lunchtime pick-me-up. Drizzle Primal Kitchen® Balsamic Vinaigrette or Primal Kitchen Honey Mustard over this beautiful dish for plenty of healthy fats from avocado oil, plus speciality health ingredients and tons of incredible taste!
About Lauren and Kelly
Lauren and Kelly are sisters, certified fitness trainers, sports models, and former Division 1 Track and Field athletes. With an extensive background in sports and fitness, in addition to a first-hand understanding of hectic and demanding careers, the sisters have joined forces to bring you their realistic and effective approach to every day working out. Learn more at SISSFit.com.
Want to learn how to elevate your nutrition and fitness with these powerhouse sisters? Lauren and Kelly are now launching the 7-Day Fitness Challenge. Join an amazing group of dedicated and supportive women in learning how to transform your life one day at a time.
Top 3 SISSFit Nutrition Tips
1. Choose healthy fats over non-fat! Healthy fats are energizing, satiating, and can actually help you to burn more fat! A lot of "non-fat" products are filled with additives and ingredients that take the food out of it's natural form and in turn become harder to digest.
2. There are no "bad" foods- everything in moderation. Although we try to consume mostly whole, raw, and unprocessed foods, no foods are off-limits in moderation. We find that the more we listen to our bodies' cravings and have small indulgences, the more likely we are to stay on track with our healthy eating goals.
3. Lots of water! We know this tip can be totally redundant, but regular water intake does wonders for skin, digestion, and warding off false hunger alarms. Aim to consume AT LEAST half of your body weight in fluid ounces per day.
SISSFIT Super Salad
- 1 & 1/2 cups mixed greens
- Small orange pepper
- Small yellow pepper
- 1/3 cup TJ corn
- "Everything But The Bagel" TJ Seasoning
- Protein of choice: salmon, chicken, flank steak, etc.
- Optional: Feta cheese, broccoli, tomatoes, onions etc.
- Primal Kitchen Balsamic Vinaigrette or Primal Kitchen Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Chop the orange and yellow peppers into bite-sized slices.
- In a serving bowl, add a layer of fresh mixed greens.
- Sprinkle on pepper slices, Tj corn, and "Everything But the Bagel" TJ Seasoning.
- Add the protein of your choice.
- Optional: Mix in feta cheese, broccoli, tomatoes, and/or onions.
- Drizzle with Primal Kitchen Balsamic Vinaigrette or Primal Kitchen Honey Mustard Vinaigrette.
Join the 7 Day Fitness Challenge here!