Combine all your favorite ingredients into one with this delicious Primal avocado matcha ice cream made with coconut milk, avocado, and premium Tenzo Tea Organic Matcha Powder. Cool down on a hot day with a dessert designed to help you chill from the inside out, and put your Primal Kitchen® Extra Virgin Avocado Oil to good use—this time for something sweet!
Packed with vibrant color and unbeatable flavor, this ice cream is irresistibly creamy, stunningly beautiful, and easy to make. Plus, it's Primal, paleo, and has no dairy, so dig in!
About Tenzo Tea
Tenzo Tea is famous for its 100% organic matcha! Looking for a clean burst of energy? Matcha is calling your name. Make Tenzo Tea's matcha powder one of your favorite pantry staples, and whisk or blend it into smoothies, bowls, ice cream and more to get the flavor of green tea without the hassle of pesky tea bags.
Avocado Matcha Dairy-Free Ice Cream
Time: 30 min
- 1 13.5 ounce can organic coconut milk
- 4 cage-free egg yolks
- ¼ cup & 2 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- ½ cup (125 ml) honey
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp fresh mashed avocado
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp Tenzo Tea Organic Matcha powder
- Heat coconut milk on medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add 4 egg yolks to a medium bowl, and place the bowl on the counter next to the stove.
- When the coconut milk begins to steam (prior to boiling), add ½ cup of the hot milk to the egg yolks, and whisk.
- Once fully whisked, slowly pour the coconut milk and egg yolk mixture into the remaining coconut milk in the pot. Continue stirring, and keep the heat low enough so that the egg doesn’t cook or curdle (Tip: Don't fret if you do get some curdling, just strain it off thru a sieve). Cook for an additional 5 minutes until the mixture is creamy.
- Pour the fully cooked coconut milk and egg yolk custard into the medium bowl, and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add the Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, matcha powder, honey, avocado, vanilla, and salt. Blend well to combine.
- Place the custard in the refrigerator until fully chilled (12 hours). Prepare according to your ice cream maker's instructions.