There’s a reason salad-in-a-bag is so popular—it’s a convenient, no brainer way to increase vegetable intake, price markup be damned. We’re all for taking shortcuts in the kitchen to suit your lifestyle, but just keep in mind that some of those prefab salads may contain ingredients in the dressing or in the toppings that may not align with your Primal/paleo, keto, Whole30, vegan, or other clean eating plan. We tend to stick to pre-shredded coleslaw mixes, carrots, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and triple-washed lettuces and greens, and apply our own toppings, oil, or dressings. This five-minute, no-cook Asian Slaw is the perfect example. Buying pre-cut cabbage and carrots narrows the prep time to actually less than five minutes. But, if it’s not in your budget to pay a little extra for convenience veggies, by all means shred your own at home using a food processor, mandolin, or grater. We love traditional coleslaw made with avocado oil-based mayo and a bit of Spicy Brown Mustard, but this Asian Slaw is a great switch-up to serve alongside grilled or roasted meats like these Sticky Ribs with Teriyaki Sauce.
5-Minute No Cook Asian Slaw
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cashews, chopped
- ¼ cup Primal Kitchen Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette & Marinade
- Place all slaw ingredients into a large bowl or pot.
- Add Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette and stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately or keep in an airtight sealed container in the refrigerator for 3–5 days.
Nutritional information (per serving):
Carbs: 19 grams
Net Carbs: 7 grams
Fat: 10 grams
Protein: 5 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other easy-to-make side dishes: