Kale Avocado Salad with the Real Food Dietitians
ABOUT THE REAL FOOD DIETITIANS
Jessica and Stacie are Registered Dietitians, master chefs, recipe innovators, and leaders in the fields of health and wellness. In fact, The Real Food Dietitians were recently named Paleo Magazine’s #1 pick for best paleo RD! Find their beautiful work in the Primal Kitchen Cookbook, fall endlessly in love with their stunning blog, and read below for their gorgeous Kale Avocado Salad recipe, tossed with Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette!
THE PRIMAL KITCHEN COOKBOOK
Jessica and Stacie create gluten-free and Whole30-friendly recipes that are designed to be big on taste and short on ingredients, so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what you love.
Filled with healthy fats, brilliant colors, nutritious veggies, and our very own Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette, this salad is sure to become a seasonal favorite.
Kale Avocado Salad
- 3-4 cups of kale
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup diced medium cucumber
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet bell pepper
- 1/2 medium green pepper
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2/3 cup artichoke hearts
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh basil
- Optional: ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled (omit for vegan, dairy-free and whole30-friendly)
- Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette
- Tear the kale leaves from the stems. Compost the stems, and cut the leaves into smaller pieces.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and slice the meat into thin strips.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Dice the sweet red pepper, green pepper, and red onion.
- Cut the artichoke hearts into four parts each.
- Slice the olives into thin strips.
- Chop the fresh basil.
- Combine the salad ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir.
- Gently toss the ingredients in Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette.
Also in News
Whether you're throwing a neighborhood barbecue, heading out for a lunchtime picnic, or enjoying dinner with the family, this is the perfect side dish to keep everyone coming back for more.